Friday, May 23, 2008

Crackberry and Corporate America

I finally broke down and decided that I needed to get a Blackberry. It's odd my professional world used to consist of Emergency Room Patients and Bed side manner. Now, I have added Corporate America to the mix. My days now are filled with numerous emails, phone calls, strategic planning meetings, and pre implementations.

I was on the golf course last Tuesday and I had no way to check my emails. I had received a phone call from a coworker citing explicit instructions on making travel plans and informing me of where I needed to be for the first two weeks of June. As I listened to the message I made a mental note of what I needed to do when I got home. Well, when I got home I had 17 emails requesting my attention. One of which was an email from my boss on the importance of being available by phone. For the most part, I am available by phone but I do need to respond quicker to my emails...which led to the purchase of the "Crackberry."

It makes me feel slightly grown up to own one. We will see how it all turns out. I will keep you posted...as if you really wanted to know.

Have a safe memorial day weekend!

No comments: