Friday, January 25, 2008

Politics

Politics is a very sticky situation. It's one of those taboo things that shouldn't be discussed like sex, and money. Yet, somehow, someway it always rears it's ugly head come election time of any kind. Everyone is entitlee to their own opinions about politics and I certainly respect that. That being said, I rarely discuss politics in "mixed company."

However, at work, we got into the "old political debate." It's amazing to me the number of people actually "hate" those running for President. I mean, how could you actually hate a person you don't even know. I mean, you might "hate" their beliefs, morals, and values, but do you have to hate them as a person? I won't go into great detail my political party preference but those who know me, know who I like and don't like. But the comments I heard were downright ridiculous...Obama is black, "I don't want a black president." Technically, he's not 100% black, plus does race affect how one can run the Country? There have been many great "black" leaders in our time. My coworkers will say, Clinton is female. "I don't want a WOMAN president, my philosophy is, "Why the hell not?" There are tons of SUCCESSFUL WOMAN with high powered jobs in our country. It's time we have a different option, this is the 21st century. In some instances, women hold more powerful, higher paying jobs than men and they are praised for that.

People say, "I don't want Guiliani," he's a New Yorker. Well, whether you like him or not, he did survived a horrid situation while in NY during 9/11. People think John McCain is too old...hello weren't we trying to elect Bob Dole a few years ago, who is ancient and debilitated? Yes, John McCain is 71 years old, but he has his facets about him. They say Mitt Romney is "arrogant" I agree but in some instances arrogance is attractive and portrayed as "confidence." Wouldn't you want a confident leader heading our country?

I could go on and on about this , but I won't. The bottom line is everyone's opinion, morals, values, and ideas are different. So we should respect that and move on. With that said, Everyone in the upcoming election should honor their civic duty and VOTE.

Every Vote Counts!

No comments: